Friday, November 7, 2008

New Circuses

The busy, busy week, in review:
* A custom built machine stopped booting when it couldn't find a keyboard. I think the owner's habit of shutting it down by yanking the power cord has something to do with it. Its all better now.
* A clients machine that only works here. It runs fine here, but won't boot up at his home. I'm going there Saturday (Pinkney!) to figure it out.
* A client's laptop that won't connect to any wireless networks outside his home. Well, it connected to mine just fine, and when I've shown him how to do it, I think the mystery will disappear.
* A client lost his Comcast business connection, so he called them to fix it. Fix it they did, by sending, among other things, a reset signal to his gateway. All his network settings went away, and he called me in a panic.
* Got a new local business client, also from Comcast. They had a few network issues and a new laser printer to install. Laser - Hey, I know where they can get toner! How convenient.
* A client who would like to access some files from either of his two laptops, have them backed up, prevent out-of-date revisions, and not have to buy any hardware. His docs reside out on GoogleDocs now and he is happy.

So its been pretty busy, and cartridge sales keep inching up. I'm ready for the pace to increase.

No comments: