Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nearly Dia de Hump

No, I'm not proud of that title.

Anyway, the Ypsi chamber event featured the president of WCC. He spent a half hour outlining all the things that are available at WCC, ostensibly to stump for the upcoming extension to fund the college. Seems they receive > 50% of their budget from property taxes. That, in and of itself, is enough to make me oppose their funding.

BUT. I had no idea how many diverse and useful programs they offer. I mean, really spanning the spectrum from the aesthetic, like dance, to useful, like vocational programs. Hey, I started my career in a vocational program, and I'm not about to stop others from learning a skill and getting on with their lives.

I was convinced to support it. The millage is an extension of existing funding, not new money, so I'll never know the difference anyway. But, someone else will know the difference if it gets defeated, so thats the incentive to just let it continue.

Today, the store was fairly busy, and I did a bit of delivery. Wednesday, I have a HTTP appt, and more inkiness. More of the same, and lots of it.

No comments: