Sunday, September 7, 2008

Fin de Semana

Day of rest. First in a while, and its kinda weird. Feels like I should be out, doing something....

Catching up on work (like bookkeeping, bills, invoices, email, &c, &c).

I saw a utility on the InterTubes for Vista defraggery called Auslogics Disk Defrag. I think I'll give it a try (its free - right in my budget) and maybe report back. I haven't had the opportunity to use any cool utilities recently, and I'd like to keep up. I have been using a LAN utility called LookAtLan. Pretty simple, but kind of cool.

Community Fair was the usual. If you haven't been to it, its a County Fair, on a smaller scale, with all the attendant animals, local talent acts, fair food, and such. There's no booze served, which is a blessing as far as I'm concerned. Years ago, we used to frequent the Wisconsin state fair, and plenty of beer was on hand. It was always a madhouse. On the up side, it is a target-rich environment for people watching of all sorts. And I mean all bleeding sorts.

So - what else? Upcoming week features 3 or 4 HTTP gigs, an ever-increasing volume of ink and toner sales, and several Chamber of Commerce events. Ypsilanti CC holds their First Tuesday breakfast meeting this week, followed by Ann Arbor CC NetWorks Thursday midday, Milan CC Social on Thursday evening, and Friday I think I'm supposed to be at a Small Business event at WCC. I'll have to research that... I really don't recall one way or the other.

I'm using Google Calendar to keep all this straight. I'd be a bit lost without it.

No comments: