Sunday, October 26, 2008

Weekly Scribe

Or, weakly; take your pick.

So what did I do this week? Allow me to indulge myself:
* I attended a Cub Scouts meeting - we're setting them up with cartridge recycling as a fund raiser.
* It was youth air rifle class day Wednesday at Tri County.
* Thursday was really busy. WRN in the morning, followed by the A2B3 lunch at Eastern Accents, followed by a reception at Washtenaw Woodwrights, then to Stonebridge for the Saline Business Enterprise Awards. A2B3 is a group I learned of through LinkedIn. They gather every Thursday and just have lunch. Its an eclectic group that just chats about whatever is on their minds. Kind of cool. The reception went very well; meaning that I enjoyed seeing their business and learning about it. And the awards are always a good time.
* Friday, we had our irrigation system winterized, I met an associate for lunch, and then we saw a friend over at the 4 Points for her birthday beer-a-rama. The conversation, as it will do, turned to politics, as drunks are wont to do. My two cents: We all have opinions but, as it is with religion, we don't have enough details. We hear and see what others tell us, and we cannot see all ends. Its best not to get too worked up over it. What will happen, will happen, with or without my getting all frothy over it.

Of course, in the meantime, we sold ink and toner, and I exhaled the warm breath of life into the PCs of others. We hired another part-time employee at the store; now we have two. Our empire expands slowly but surely.

There are five networking events this coming week, and some computer work. It all plods along, a heaping helping of same ol, same ol. Which isn't a complaint.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine someone getting all worked up over politics after having a few?!?!? Anyway thanks for making the big four oh a night I can hardly remember! (P.S. now you can't say Keith is only one to comment here!)

Anonymous said...

So ya had a little taste of Ronda's politics did ya? I feel for ya. You didn't dent the table bashing it with your head did you?

Once again, sorry I missed it. I was sick. I will make the next one. Promise.

Unknown said...

I wish I could've been there. Based on Jeff's diplomatic '2-cents' it sounds like I missed a some good conversation.