Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Keeping on keepin on

Tuesday saw us having a new desktop to work on, and so on. Just a performance issue (with the PC, not me). I guess thats what happens when one's teenage daughter has never seen a freebie not worth downloading. Just sayin.

I had a Toshiba laptop to trouble shoot the other day. There was no power - meaning, that even plugged in, it wasn't booting up. I changed the DC jack (was corroded, it was), and still no joy. Tried a new battery [Plug] over at Batteries Plus on Packard [/Plug] and still no joy. The disassembly went well, and all the components looked ok, and the power was correct down to the mobo. I guess, when they die, you just have to let them go.

This evening was the big NRA banquet over at Tri County. Always a good time: [Gimli] Prime rib, fresh cool ale[/Gimli]. It benefits a good cause, and we've benefited from it a lot over the past few years.

No comments: