Thursday, June 12, 2008

Welcome to Thursday

Busy day.

Went to WRN. Went home. Got a call from a client I saw earlier in the week; his laptop was no longer recharging the battery. I went to pick up the laptop and cord, but didn't bring a voltmeter to test the power supply. Ok, go home and test it and, yes, its dead. No output beyond a little trace voltage.

I returned the laptop and continued on to the Polo Fields. The Ann Arbor Chamber hosted this month's edition of NetWorks there today. A nice spread, but the networking was a bit extreme: Speed Dating. Everyone sits at two long tables (one-fourth of the participants on each of the two sides of the two tables). You and your cross-table partner have three minutes to get to know each other's businesses. Its a very quick three minutes. Then one side of the table shifts over one seat. Rinse and Repeat. I made some good connections - we'll see how that pans out over time.

I then hurried over to another client's office to return the P3 I had restored yesterday. O, just to be interesting, I noticed this morning that the CPU fan was never coming on. I plugged a new one into the mobo, and it spun right up, so I had exactly two seconds to replace before I had to go on all those errands I just described.

The rest of the day, I sent emails and caught up on house stuff. And thats that.

No comments: